Child Protection & Safeguarding
We are an organisation committed to education transformation. As such, we are dedicated to upholding the safeguarding and welfare of all children and young people. Our framework is aligned to: United Nations Child Right’s conventions, Malaysian government legislation, international best practices by UNICEF and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Because every child deserves a great future.
Our Aims & Approach
At LeapEd, we believe all children have the right to a safe environment.
Our Child Protection & Safeguarding (CP & SG) policy, guidelines and procedures promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. We provide the appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
Our CP and SG policies help create a child-safe organisation, promote the protection of children from abuse or exploitation. They also provide guidance and processes for handling allegations.
Ongoing learning and collaboration with external agencies through partnerships, sharing and raising awareness in various forms from training, advocacy and external partnership.
Is Child Protection & Safeguarding the Same?
There is a significant difference between Child Protection & Safeguarding:
(Proactive & Reactive)
- is an integral part of the safeguarding and welfare process of a child.
- is undertaken to enable actions to be put in place to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
- is part of wider work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- protecting children from maltreatment or abuse of any kind.
- extends beyond child protection to preventing the harm of children and thereby ensuring children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
Here are links to the Malaysian agencies that are championing Child Protection and Safeguarding:
Resources & Further Reading
Here are some resources and further reading materials to help you understand more about Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
Frequently Asked Questions