Join Our Team
We do what we do best because we believe every child deserves a great future. And that mission has remained unchanged since we were first established in 2010.
If you’re passionate about doing your best work and dream of making a difference in education, come be part of our team!
Current vacancies at LeapEd:
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Manager Fundraising Development Specialist
MOLECULE: Partnership Management
REPORT TO: Lead, Partnership Management
Closing date: 15 Dec 2022
- Working closely with Partnership Management Team to sustain existing funding streams and identify new funders to help us grow our income and expand our pool of funders especially with corporate bodies, foundations and grant providers.
- Cover the whole spectrum of sustainable fundraising duties, able to think strategically and work operationally as a team. Confident in representing the organisation externally, co-ordinating and building relationships as required.
- Working closely with internal teams, delegating tasks, and drawing up plans to ensure annual targets are met. Well organized, proactive, and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Stay informed on marketing strategies and be comfortable doing research on different sectors.
- Technical Responsibilities
- Research the funding market, identifying new funding opportunities
- Lead the development and submission of funding proposals, and track follow-up with the funding body
- Build relationships with new and existing funders to present new areas of LeapEd’s work to sustain and expand the relationship for the future
- Responsible for the development, delivery and management of the annual fundraising plan
- Develop, manage and update fundraising criteria, budget templates and fundraising guidance material regularly
- Develop our fundraising strategy with the Partnership Management Team and in consultation with the Management (long-term and short-term planning), to include a diverse range of income streams and avoidance of funding gaps
- Ensure funder relations are managed successfully across the organisation and act as the main point of contact, regularly communicating with funder and strengthening relations
- Create a demographic map of our funder types to inform our approach to fundraising
- Coordinate and ensure reporting to funders are delivered on time and to LeapEd quality standards
- Organisational Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain effective systems for tracking and planning fundraising, ensuring these are consistent with LeapEd’s operational requirements
- Support the development and implementation of the organisational strategy
- General Responsibilities
- Uphold all aspects of company policies and procedures and legal requirements in relation to personal conduct
- Maintain professional development and personal development plans
- Be willing and committed to taking on new work as and when required
CHALLENGES OF THE JOB
Requires a high and updated knowledge of the company’s product/programme to acquire a solid understanding of respective projects’ contract requirements and project progress status.
A detailed oriented and meticulous person is required to identify gaps and errors in templates, reports and data points.
ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIP (INTERNAL)
- Work closely with Partnership Management Team for data gathering, data analysis and reporting (current and new product/programme).
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to update fundraising progress status.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with a variety of funder or stakeholder groups. Interfacing with other proposal team to collect and collate their data.
- Able to communicate effectively and produce reports in a range of styles to suit different audiences.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- First degree in any discipline and preferably postgraduate and or/professional qualification.
PREFERRED EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
- Project Management certification is advantageous but will not outweigh experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 5 years of fundraising experience.
- Previous experience in sales or marketing and /or business development also acceptable.
- Sound knowledge of the education sector.
- Experience managing a team/ project.
- Excellent written, verbal; and telephonic communication skills.
- Strong track record of developing high quality and successful fundraising proposals to trusts, foundations, statutory bodies, bilateral or other institutional grant funders
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Some experience/exposure to fundraising beyond philanthropic trusts and foundations including high-net-worth individuals and the private sector
- Experience of developing corporate partnerships
- Showing Resilience
- Managing Complexity
- Supportive Relationship
- Independent and self-driven
- Able to build strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Outstanding research skills, including identifying and monitoring potential funders
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across varied audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present and interpret complex information
- Organisational and planning skills
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels and work collaboratively with virtual teams across multiple facets.
- Good financial management skills
- Competent in working under pressure to strict deadlines
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Adept at working independently with minimal support
Interested applicants should submit their CV to [email protected].
We're looking forward to welcoming you to our team!